Requesting a refund for an unused shipping label in the EasyPost Dashboard is easy! This article will cover how to navigate to and request a refund for your unused shipping labels.
For voiding and refunding labels using the API, see our Developer Docs.
Voiding & Refunding a Label on your Dashboard:
Follow the steps outlined below to refund your shipment.
- Navigate to the Shipments page on your dashboard
- Set your Date Range to include the date that the label was create and click Apply
- Find your label in the results on the shipments table below and click on Details on the far right to open up more options
- Select the Refund option to submit the void and refund request
- Refunds can take 2-4 weeks to process as some shipping carriers has a process to verify that the labels do not begin any tracking that would signify the labels were used.
How will I get my refund?
If you purchased the label using one of the EasyPost Default Carriers, then all your payment and refund activity is through your EasyPost Wallet. You will automatically get your refund added to your EasyPost Wallet once the carrier has completed their steps to approve the refund in 2-4 weeks.
If you had connected your own carrier account that you used to purchase the label, then your refund process will be determined by your specific carrier. Check with your carrier for rules on timelines and where your refund will be issued.
Where can I see my refund transactions?
Once your refunds are processed, you can view all transaction history on the Billing Tab of your Account Settings.
- Navigate to Billing Tab
- Scroll down to Reports
- From the Payment Logs Tab, set your Date Range as needed and click Apply
- The table below will populate with all your payment transaction activity, including your Refund Credits
If you would like to download a CSV file of your transactions, you can do so with the Generate Report button
- If you'd like to get a CSV file for Refunds ONLY then you may select the tab under Reports for Refunds and using the Generate Report button on that tab, you can get an output that only includes refund activity.
How long do I have to request a void/refund?
The length of time to request a void & refund varies by carrier and so it is recommended to check the carriers website for specific timelines. We have posted some timelines below for the most common carriers used at EasyPost.
- USPS : Requests must be made before 30 days from the date the label was created. USPS First Class Letters and Flats are not eligible for a refund.
- UPS : Requests must be made before 90 days from the date the label was created.
- DHL : Requests must be made before 30 days from the date the label was created.