This article contains details about each of the fields on the Customs Tab of the Create Label tool in our Dashboard. This tab will appear anytime the Recipient Address Country field is different than the Senders Address Country field. Customs information is required for all cross-border shipments.
- Content Type: Required, select one from the drop down that best matches the item(s) in the package (Merchandise, etc).
- Explanation of Content: Required if Content Type is ‘Other’. Required for certain carriers even if Content Type is not ‘Other’. Max 255 chars.
- Restriction Type: Required, select one from the drop down (None, etc).
- Explanation of Restriction type: Required if Restriction Type is not “None”.
- Non-Delivery Action: What to do with the package if it is undeliverable. Abandon it in the destination or attempt to return to the sender.
- EEL or PFC Number: If total package value is less than $2500, use ‘NOEEI 30.37(a)”; if value is greater than $2500: see Customs Guide
Click + Add Item to open the Item Customs Info window where you are required to provide more specific information about the item(s) in your package. You can add multiple if shipping a variety of items (Example: 3 T-Shirts, 1 book, 2 dresses would require that you repeat the process 3 times; once for the shirts, once for the book and once for the dresses).
- Description of Contents: A brief description of the item; examples: T-shirt, lawn ornament, dishware etc.
- Origin Country: Two Char country code; Examples: United States, input US, Canada, input CA
- Quantity: How many of the described item there are; Example: 3
- Total Weight: Weight in ounces of the described item(s); Example: 60
- Total Value: Value of the described item(s); Example: 100
- Currency: The 3-digit currency code associated with the Total Value field; Examples: USD, CAD.
- Harmonized Tariff Schedule: Also known by HS Code. Required 6 digit code (format: 123456) associated with the item. Search for codes here.
- Product Identifier: optional- item barcode or SKU, if using