EasyPost Insurance is affordable, simple, and flexible. Full Coverage for your shipments starts at 0.5% of insured value or reach out to a shipping expert to customize an even more affordable plan based on your needs.
What is Covered
- Location: From anywhere to everywhere*
- Type of coverage: lost, damaged, or stolen
- Coverage: Automatic up to $5,000, up to $15,000 upon approval
For a list of coverage exceptions, including additional details surrounding EasyPost Insurance coverage, please visit our Terms and Conditions here.
How to Purchase
You can purchase EasyPost Insurance on both your labels created through EasyPost or outside of EasyPost.
- For EasyPost Shipments: You can immediately insure your package at the Shipment Buy stage. There is no possibility of rejection and your default limit is $5,000
- For labels purchased outside of EasyPost: Insure your package at Insure endpoints with a tracking number.
For more detailed information on how to set up purchasing of EasyPost Insurance, please visit our official API Documentation here.
Filing a Claim
- To start with a claim, please fill out this super brief form
- Make sure you are including the right attachments based on claim type
|Communication from Customer||✔||✔||✔|
|Order Confirmation / Itemized receipt||✔||✔||✔|
|Photo/video of proof||✔||✔|
- After your initial outreach, our team will respond to you within 24 hours about the next steps
- Our team could also ask for additional evidence - For example, for damage, we could ask for a close-up of your packaging to determine whether the damage qualifies for a reimbursement
- Once approved, the payout will be released within 10 calendar days.
- The default is paid to your EasyPost account
- Alternatively, you could respond to our support team and ask for a check directly to the end customer
- For updates, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll provide you with an update quickly.
- If your claim was denied and you disagree with the result, feel free to submit an appeal request through this form. Our management team will review your claims again with follow-up communications.
If a shipment with EasyPost insurance is refunded, the insurance fee will be refunded as well. EasyPost does not offer any direct refunds on insurance for labels purchased outside of EasyPost.
If you have any general questions about EasyPost Insurance, or you are having issues submitting your claim, please reach out to our Claim Support Team directly by emailing email@example.com.