This article contains instructions on how to register for a Seko OmniParcel account and how to register it on your EasyPost Dashboard.
Setting up your Seko Omni Parcel Account
Step 1: Sign up with SEKO OmniParcel
- SEKO will issue you up to 4 different API keys
- 1 for production outbound shipments
- 1 for test outbound shipments
- 1 for production return shipments
- 1 for test return shipments
Step 2: Enable origin and destination countries for API keys
- Each API key is enabled by a single origin, meaning you may only create shipments from the country enabled on the API key
- Example: If your API key is enabled with the USA as the origin country, you may only create shipments from the USA on that given API key
- Each API key must also be enabled for the destination countries you plan to ship to
- Example: If your API key is shipping from the USA to Canada, Mexico, and Brazil, then SEKO OmniParcel will need to enable all 3 countries on your API key with the USA origin
Step 3: Add your OmniParcel account to you EasyPost dashboard
Each service level is enabled on an individual basis on your API keys. Omniparcel offers 4 service levels:
- eCommerce Standard Tracked
- eCommerce Express Tracked
- Domestic Express
- Domestic Standard
Rating & Returns
- OmniParcel selects a carrier for you based on the origin and destination of your shipment
- The “state” field is required for an OmniParcel request to be successful. If your origin or destination does not have a corresponding state, put the city name in the “city” and “state” fields.
- In order to do an international return with OmniParcel, you must make a domestic return that ships the package back to one of their warehouses. Once it is received at the warehouse, OmniParcel determines the destination of the package via the API key it was created with in their system. After this, they will send the package off to its final destination for you.
Review the Postman collection as a reference for how to ship to a variety of countries. Note in each request there is a variable for your OmniParcel carrier account ID and API key.
- We recommend creating an environment with two variables: omniparcel_carrier_id and the other named api_key
Article is closed for comments.