Auto-Reloading your EasyPost Wallet is required and it greatly simplifies the steps to manage your wallet over time. This article will cover how to manage your auto-reload settings and answer our customers most common questions.
What is wallet auto-reload funding?
When purchasing labels through any EasyPost Default Carrier Accounts, such as USPS, or when purchasing Shipping Insurance or other label add-ons, you will need to load funds into the EasyPost Wallet. Your EasyPost wallet can be initially funded through connected payment methods and loading your balance for the first time.
After that initial wallet funding, EasyPost will then use an automated process to transfer funds from your payment method(s) to your wallet when your preferred minimum balance in your wallet is met. This automation greatly simplifies managing your funding over time and ensures that you never run out of funds when you need them.
You can control both the preferred Minimum Balance in your wallet before an auto-reload transaction will be triggered and you can control the Amount that will be loaded to your wallet.
How do I adjust my Minimum Balance and Amount preferences?
- Login to your EasyPost Dashboard
- Navigate to the Billing Tab by clicking on Account Settings
- In the wallet settings panel, click on the three dot button and select Adjust Settings
- Using the Auto Reload option:
- Select from the drop down menu the Amount you would like added
- Select from the drop down menu the Minimum Balance you would like in the “Fund When Wallet Balance is Below” option.
- Save with the Update button
What are some examples to help me understand Auto-Reload settings?
- Setting a $0 Minimum Balance and a $20 Amount means that any time your wallet gets to $0, $20 in funds will transfer from your payment method.
- Setting a $5000 Minimum Balance and a $10000 Amount means that any time your wallet gets to $5000 or below, $10000 in funds will transfer from your primary payment method.
Today, EasyPost does not support setting the Amount to be less than your Minimum Balance. So for example, it is not possible to have a $5000 minimum balance and a $2500 amount.
Minimum Balance and Amount best practices
If using a bank payment method, it is highly recommended that you manage your Auto-Reload Wallet settings to compensate for the lengthier processing time of these transfers (can take up to 5 days) To ensure that you do not run out of funds:
- Set your auto-funding to trigger when your balance is below an amount that can cover at least 5 days worth your shipping volume.
- Example, If you spend $20 per day in EasyPost purchases, then set your balance to reach $100 dollars (at the lowest) to ensure that you never run out of funds before the transfers complete processing.
- Set your Amount to at least 10 days worth of funds to be added.
- Using the same $20 per day example; your fund amount would then be $200.
Can I opt out of auto-reloading wallet and stick to on demand funding?
No, EasyPost does not support the ability to opt-out of the automated system. However, you can set your preferences to not trigger unless your balance is $0 and your amount can be as low as $20.