DHL Express is DHL's international shipping option, which means that DHL Express supports European domestic shipments, but does not support domestic shipments from anywhere else. For U.S. businesses, this means that DHL Express should strictly be used as an international option, or as a main European partner if your supply chain can originate shipments from Europe.
Setting up your DHL Express account with EasyPost is simple, as long as you already have your own DHL Express account. First, Choose DHL Express from the list of available carriers on our Carrier Account page and fill in the following details:
- DHL Account Number: Your DHL Express Account Number. If you do not have this number, consult your onboarding sheet or your DHL representative.
- Account Country Code: Your ISO 2-letter country code (e.g. FR for France, US for the United States, etc.). This will be used as the origin country for your export account and the destination country for your import account.
- Site ID: Your DHL Express Site ID that you are issued upon creating your DHL Express account.
- Password: Your DHL Express Password that you are issued upon creating your DHL Express account.
- Reseller Account Checkbox: Check this if your DHL Express account supports reseller rates. If so, then you'll need to upload your own rates onto your EasyPost DHL Express account.
DHL Express: Import/Export Accounts
DHL Express is unique in designating its users an import or export account. All DHL Express customers will be given an export account, while import accounts will only be set-up if the customer requires a returns account with DHL Express.