If you are not signed up for a Royal Mail OBA (online business account) then you first need to register before we can continue with the onboarding process. You can register for OBA at: https://www.royalmail.com/enquire-register-oba.
EasyPost is an officially approved Royal Mail vendor. If you wish to use Royal Mail as a carrier within EasyPost, your Royal Mail account will need to go through our onboarding process. Onboarding with Royal Mail can take up to a week or two while we work with Royal Mail to get your account set up via EasyPost. There are a few steps along the way and lots of data that must be passed back and forth. To help the process go as smoothly as possible, follow these steps:
Adding Your Royal Mail Account
First, you will need to add your Royal Mail account to your list of carrier accounts on the EasyPost dashboard. Just visit the Carriers Account Page (see Adding a Carrier for more specific instructions), select Royal Mail from the list on the right, and you'll be asked to provide the following information:
- Reference (optional): A custom reference used for your own documentation purposes.
- Description (optional): A description field used for your own documentation purposes.
- Royal Mail Account Number: The account number associated with your Royal Mail account. If you do not have this information, contact your Royal Mail representative to receive it.
- Posting Location Number: 10 digit number beginning with 90. If you do not have this information, contact your Royal Mail representative to receive it.
- OBA Email Address: The email address associated with your Royal Mail account.
Contact EasyPost Support
After you save your Royal Mail account to your EasyPost dashboard, reach out to email@example.com and let us know you wish to move forward with the onboarding process. Providing EasyPost Support with the same information as you provided above (i.e. OBA email, PLN number, etc) will help speed up the process and help us find your account information sooner - we will need this information to continue onboarding. By the end of the onboarding process, the following services will have been loaded and available to use:
Enabling additional contracted Royal Mail services in EasyPost is a separate process that can only be done once onboarding has been completed. In order for us to enable the use of these contracted services, please provide us with the contract number associated with each of these services. They are usually four digits plus two letters that end in "TS" and "TN" (i.e XXXXTS, XXXXTN). You can request your contract numbers from firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not know them.
Once we have this from you, we'll make the request to Royal Mail and finish enabling them in EasyPost for you. If you have any additional questions, feel free to reach out to email@example.com.