EasyPost made a groundbreaking decision in 2023 to make all shipments processed via EasyPost Shipping API or in the Dashboard 100% carbon neutral, at absolutely no cost to you. In this article, learn how to view your shipping carbon footprint which is completely offset simply by using EasyPost as your shipping service.
Understanding Your Carbon Offset Dashboard
To get to your Carbon Offset dashboard
- Log in to your EasyPost Dashboard
- Click on Reports on the left side navigation
- Your Carbon Offset dashboard will be displayed at the top of this screen
How to interpret your carbon footprint data
There are four panels listed in the Carbon Offset dashboard which can be used to help you better understand your shipping activity and the resulting carbon footprint. Note: this report is a Year-To-Date summary of your data beginning on the first day of the current year.
- Average Carbon per Package: This panel will display the average footprint in carbon that your packages produce based on information like the carrier service levels used, package weight, and distance traveled.
- Year to Date Carbon Offset: This is your total carbon footprint for all your packages in the current year. EasyPost is automatically offsetting this footprint on your behalf to ensure that your packages are 100% carbon neutral.
- Shipped by Road or Air: This is the percentage of your shipments in the current year that were shipped via a "ground" or "air" transportation methods. The method of travel used to ship goods will produce a different carbon footprint for the package as the emission factor for transportation methods changes.
Can I share my carbon neutral shipping status with my customers?
Absolutely! EasyPost encourages every one of its customers to share their commitment to carbon neutral shipping with their end customers. EasyPost provides it's customers with a downloadable badge here along with a sample statement to put on your website or customer facing emails.