Some default carrier accounts are pre-enabled on your behalf immediately upon sign up, such as USPS and DHL Express, and some need to simply be enabled in the EasyPost dashboard. This article will cover how to enable your EasyPost Default Carrier Accounts.
Enable the account:
- Navigate to Account Settings > Carriers Tab
- On the EasyPost Carriers Accounts tab > Any options where you see an Account ID: ca_#### are default carrier accounts that have been pre-enabled for you already (such as with the USPS Account).
For a carrier that you would like to enable, select the Create Account button
- Note: you may have to agree to the carriers Terms and Conditions before the button will be active.
- For FedEx: Fill out the fields on the form that opens then click ADD to enable these carrier accounts
For UPS: After clicking Create Account there is one more step.
- Click on the three dots on the right > Edit Account
- Add your details to the form then click Update Account to enable this carrier account.
Name the Account (Optional):
If you would like to apply a custom name to your newly enabled carrier account to make it easier to keep track of, EasyPost offers a simple way to do so! Follow these steps:
- For the account you want to label > click the three dots on the right > Edit Account
- In the EasyPost Details Description Field > Input your custom name
- Click UPDATE
Your custom name will display on the Carriers Tab as the Account Name as well as in the Create Label tool Carrier & Service Tab.
Purchasing Labels with your Default Account:
Your default carrier account will be immediately available for use as soon as it is enabled. All labels purchased for a Default Carrier Account are charged against your EasyPost Wallet at the time the label is created so be sure to set up your wallet before creating any new shipping labels.
Check out our article on Setting up Your EasyPost Wallet, for more.