What is the Members tab?
EasyPost’s Members tab provides the primary account owner (the initial user who created the EasyPost account) with user management features that unlock a controlled shared-access environment. Within the Members tab, primary account owners can seamlessly add, manage, and remove additional users to their EasyPost account.
You can watch this short tutorial video to learn more about how to use this feature.
How do I access the Members tab?
- Log in to your EasyPost Dashboard
- Navigate to Account Settings > Members tab
Within this tab, primary account owners can add users by clicking “Add User” in the upper-right-hand corner. They can also manage and remove existing users by clicking the three dots next to the user's status in the table.
Can I limit the access of new users from accessing sensitive company information such as billing and carrier account information?
Yes. Members with the “Shipper Agent” role set as their permission setting have restricted access to core shipping functionality.
Feature access for users with Shipper Agent permissions:
- Shipments: View shipment history and request CSV reports of shipment details history.
- “Buy A Label” + “Buy A Label with CSV” features: Generate and print shipping labels for the account, add on package insurance or carbon offsets, or request refunds.
- Reports: View previously generated reports for the account (including shipments, payment logs, refunds, etc.).
- User Account: Edit the user’s first and last name, phone number, or password management. This does not impact any other user associated with the account.
Members with the “User” role set as their permission setting have comprehensive access to the EasyPost Dashboard except the Members tab. Only the primary account owner (the initial user who signed up for EasyPost) will have access to the Members tab.
Is there a maximum number of members that the primary account owner can add?
Yes, the maximum number of additional users is 50.
Is it free to add additional users to the EasyPost account?
Yes, it is free to add new users to your account. This may change in the future.
Can primary account owners customize which pages users have access to?
No. Currently, user permissions are limited to the pages accessible within the two available roles “Shipper Agent” and “User”.
Can I re-add a user that has previously been removed?
Yes, you can enable previously removed users within the Members tab in the Account Settings.