Getting started with your EasyPost Wallet
Managing your payment methods in EasyPost’s Dashboard is easy! This article includes instructions for connecting payment methods and how to fund your EasyPost Wallet for the first time.
Label purchases through any EasyPost Default Carrier Account, such as USPS, or purchases of Shipping Insurance or other label add-ons, are billed against your EasyPost Wallet. To set up and fund your wallet for the first time, follow these three steps:
Connect your payment method
- Login to your EasyPost Dashboard
- Navigate to the Billing Tab by clicking on Account Settings in the navigation list to the left
- Then click Setup Wallet
We support the following payment methods to fund your EasyPost Wallet:
Credit or Debit Card
- Instant transfers to wallet , 3.75% processing fee
- Best for: funding your wallet same-day, getting started
Bank Account (Recommended)
- 3-5 business days for transfers, Free
- Best for: Long-term, reliability
Bank/wire transfer (contact us for our transfer information)
- 1-5 days processing time (depending on your bank)
- Fee may vary depending on your bank
- Credit or Debit Card
- Click Next
- Congratulations, you have successfully connected your Payment Method.
EasyPost uses an automated system to load funds based on a minimum balance preference in your wallet. The default preference after adding a payment method is to transfer $100.00 if your wallet balance hits $0. This charge is typically triggered during your first label purchase. Keep reading for how to change your wallet preferences from this default.
Manage Your Wallet Preferences
- From the Billing tab in Account Settings, click on Wallet Settings
- You’ll be directed to the Manage Auto-Fund Settings page. Use the Amount and Trigger when balance is below: drop downs to adjust your auto-reload settings to your preferences
- Amount controls how much you’d like to be added to your wallet from your payment method when the balance in your wallet hits your preferred threshold.
- Click Update to save your settings
There are some recommended best practices if using a bank account payment method to compensate for the lengthier processing time.
Load your wallet for the first time
Now that you have connected your payment method and managed your auto-reload preferences, you can fund your wallet for the first time by following these steps:
- From the Billing Tab, Click Add Funds
- Use the One Time Funding option to select the Payment Method and Amount you’d like to add.
- Click Checkout button
If you used a card, you will see funds in your wallet instantly after checkout. If you use a bank, your funds will appear within 3-5 business days, depending on the bank
One-Time Funding Rules
When initiating a manual one-time top up to your EasyPost Wallet, there are a few guidelines that if not followed, may cause an error.
- Top-up Amounts must exceed your current balance
- If you have a balance of $20.01, you cannot add funds for $20.00 or less
- If you have a payment transaction pending (as in from a bank), no other payments are accepted while that transaction is processing.
- If a payment attempt has failed, re-attempting within 5-minutes may cause errors.
- Max value: $100,000