Billing and Payment Guide
Setting up billing is an important step to start using EasyPost. If there are not enough funds in your account to cover the cost of the shipment, our system will not be able to successfully process that order or any subsequent orders that may follow until your account has been refilled with sufficient funds. This is why setting up proper billing and threshold levels (explained below) is extremely important.
This article includes:
We offer 3 types of payment options to load your account:
- Link your US-based bank account (RECOMMENDED)
- Instant if using OAuth, otherwise 1-5 business days to set up
- Free, no extra charges involved
- Connect your credit card
- 3.75% processing fee
- Bank/wire transfer (contact us for our transfer information)
- 1-5 days processing time (depending on your bank)
- Fee may vary depending on your bank
Setting up a payment method
1. To set up your payments for the first time, sign in to the EasyPost dashboard, and click Org Settings. Then click into the Billing tab.
2. Click the “Add Bank Account” or “Add Credit Card” button. For this example, we will be assuming you are connecting a bank account. Using Plaid, select your bank if you see it as an option.
- We strongly suggest using a US-based bank account as the primary method of payment. Credit cards expire and often get frozen from your issuing bank. If either of these scenarios happened it could cause you to no longer have sufficient funds to ship.
**If your bank isn’t visible, you can click the little “x” in the corner to be prompted to enter your bank information manually.
3. Please use your login details for your bank (ie: your username and password used to login to your “wellsfargo.com” account). Continue to follow the on-screen instructions to allow EasyPost to debit this account.
**Steps 4 & 5 are for customers that need to verify their bank accounts. If you already confirmed your account using the 2FA flow, please skip to step 6.
4. After you have logged into your bank (or manually entered your bank account information), two micro-deposits (less than $1.00) will be deposited into your bank account. This may take 3-5 days, so if you don’t see them right away, don’t worry!
5. Once they show up in your account, log back in and return to the same “Billing” page. Click “Verify Account” under “Payment Methods.” Enter the two micro-deposit amounts for verification in the order they arrived.
6. Once the deposits are verified, you can set your recharge threshold and recharge amount.
- The Recharge Threshold is how low we’ll let your account go before refilling it
- The Recharge Amount is how much we’ll transfer over
For example, if your Recharge Threshold is set to $50, and your Recharge Amount is set to $100, every time your balance drops below $50, we will automatically add $100 to your EasyPost balance from your bank account.
7. Now that you have your “Primary Method” set up, please set up a “Backup Method” as well. This will ensure if your “primary” reason fails for any reason, your account will still remain solvent and we can continue shipping your packages.
With your bank account or credit card set up and your recharge amount and threshold established, you’re all set to start shipping!
When completing a one-time payment, there are a few rules that, if not followed, may cause an error. These rules are:
- If you have a positive account balance, the payment amount must exceed that balance.
- If you have a balance of $100.01, you cannot complete a payment for $100 or less.
- If you have a transaction that is currently in a Pending status, we will not allow another payment to be initiated using the same payment method.
- If a payment attempt has failed, attempting again within a 5-minute window may cause errors.
- One-time payments larger than $100,000 are not permitted (our funding options should only go up to $100,000).